Volpato Industrie S.p.A. is among the leading companies in the production of items and accessories for kitchens. Founded in 1974, today it supplies over 1,500 customers in 60 countries, with the same flexibility and continuous technological research that has always distinguished it. Volpato Industrie turned to Lan & Wan Solutions to develop a new generation video surveillance project for its Spresiano office.
The customer’s need was to go beyond traditional video surveillance, that is, to design a system capable not only of viewing and recording any infringements in the perimeter areas of the Cornuda building, but also allowing to verify in “live mode”, 24 hours a day, video analysis in the affected areas.
Here are the shared and achieved goals:
- 24-hour surveillance of the company perimeter and registration of any infringements;
- possibility of remote connection, also via APP, to be able to verify in “live mode” the video acquisition on the affected areas and examine the “motion alarm” recordings up to 7 days previously;
- thermal detection of heat sources in areas where there are machinery at risk of overheating and fire;
- automation of employee parking access, by reading vehicle license plates, after defining a white list;
- single point of recording of the video stream with a centralized management software.
THE LAN & WAN SOLUTIONS SOLUTION
Lan & Wan Solutions has designed a video acquisition and analysis system consisting of 48 IP cameras, defined as cams, divided into:
- 13 Bullet Full HD cams with 5.0 megapixel resolution, motorized 2.8-12mm varifocal lens and EXIR illuminator up to 50mt;
- 32 Full HD Bullet cams with 4.0 megapixel resolution, 4mm lens and EXIR illuminator up to 50mt;
- 2 HD Bullet cams with ANPR functionality, for the recognition of vehicle number plates and automatic opening of the bars, to be positioned at the main gate;
- 1 Bullet Bi-Spectrum thermal camera for full HD color vision and thermal with 160 × 120 resolution: to be positioned for temperature analysis of a specific machine, and relative alarm in case of exceeding the thresholds.
The Hikvision network video recorder (NVR) was implemented as a video recording and archiving system, capable of managing and supporting up to 64 IP cameras, with 8 HDDs, configured in Raid, for greater security of the recorded data, which guarantee the availability of over 30TB actual and 2 weeks of recording.
THE CENTRALIZED MANAGEMENT SYSTEM OF THE ENTIRE INFRASTRUCTURE IS THE HIKCENTRAL SOFTWARE, INSTALLED ON A VM IN THE CUSTOMER’S VIRTUALIZED VMWARE INFRASTRUCTURE
THE ADVANTAGES OF THE SOLUTION FOR HIKVISION
Thanks to the video surveillance system based on video analysis implemented by Lan & Wan Solutions, Hikvision can now follow in real time some particular situations, often well defined and predetermined, such as:
- Access to prohibited areas, well delimited within a configured virtual area, even in difficult environmental conditions (rain, snow, etc.)
- Alarm in case of crossing of a pre-configured virtual line
- Classification of subjects based on shape and size
- Vehicle license plate recognition and automatic gate opening
- Integration with access control systems
- Counting people
- Overheating / fire recognition with thermal chambers
- Facial recognition
- Man down recognition
- Connection to alarms
- Remote connection and viewing also via APP
- Registration on events only
- Remote site management
It is a more proactive and automated type of surveillance that ensures much higher control standards and much shorter reaction times in the event of accidents or infringements.